What Are Angel Nails?
Angel nails refer to a nail art trend that combines fashion, style, and a hint of the heavenly.
The name ‘angel nails’ isn’t strictly tied to a specific color or design.
Instead, it is associated with a general aesthetic that’s elegant, sophisticated, pure, and often sparkly, much like an angel.
The designs can range from minimalistic art to intricate portrayals of angelic themes, such as wings, halos, stars, or even pictorial depictions of angels themselves.
These nail designs often involve the use of white, gold, or silver colors, though they can certainly be adapted to any color palette.
How to Do Angel Nails
Creating angel nails at home can be a fun, rewarding process.
It’s all about infusing your creativity into the design.
Here is a simple step-by-step guide on how you can do angel nails:
- Clean your nails: Start by cleaning your nails and removing any old nail polish.
- Shape your nails: Depending on your personal preference, shape your nails using a nail file. Angel nails often look good on almond or oval nail shapes, but they can certainly suit any form.
- Apply base coat: Apply a clear base coat to your nails. This step helps protect your nails and increase the longevity of the nail polish.
- Choose your base color: Angel nails are usually associated with light colors. Pastels, white, or cream can make for excellent base colors. Apply the polish carefully and allow it to dry.
- Create the design: This is where your creativity truly comes into play. You might choose to draw angel wings, stars, or halos, or even use nail stickers if freehand design isn’t your forte. You could also opt for a gradient or ombre effect with sparkling top coat to give an angelic aura.
- Seal with top coat: Once your design has completely dried, apply a clear top coat to seal in the design and add an extra layer of shine.
Liquid Angel Wing Nails… this was A LOT of work!
Nails of the month – Cherub Angel Nails
Cute Angel Nails
Cute angel nails often involve petite, delicate designs and a soft color palette.
Some popular ideas include:
- Halo Dots: Small, white or silver dots around the edge of the nail to represent a halo effect.
- Baby Wings: Tiny, meticulously painted wings on the thumb or ring finger.
- Angel Sparkle: A gradient effect with sparkle polish, giving the illusion of a shimmering angelic glow.
Simple Designs for Angel Nails
If you prefer a minimalist approach to your nail art, there are plenty of simple designs for angel nails:
- White Feather: A single, beautifully painted white feather on a nail against a light-colored background.
- Gold Halo: A simple golden circle painted or stamped near the base of the nail, signifying a halo.
- Starlight: Tiny stars scattered across a pastel or nude base, offering a delicate, angelic feel.
How Much Do Angel Nails Cost?
The cost of angel nails can vary significantly depending on where you have them done and the complexity of the design.
If you’re creating angel nails at home, the cost will primarily be the price of your supplies: nail polishes, top and base coats, nail art tools or stickers, which may range from $20 to $60.
However, if you prefer to have your nails professionally done at a salon, prices can range from $30 to $100, depending on the establishment’s reputation, location, and the intricacy of your desired design.
How Long Do Angel Nails Last?
The longevity of your angel nails depends on the quality of the products used and how well you take care of your nails.
How to Take Off Angel Nails
When it comes to removing your angel nails, the method depends on the type of nail polish used.
Regular nail polish can be removed with acetone or non-acetone nail polish remover and cotton pads.
For gel or acrylic nails, it is recommended to visit a professional to avoid damaging your nails.
Always remember to moisturize your nails and cuticles after removing nail polish as the removal process can be drying.
Angel nails offer a heavenly twist to your typical manicure, making them a perfect choice for those who appreciate sophisticated and elegant nail designs.
Whether you’re painting angel nails at home or getting them professionally done, the variety of designs and styles ensures there’s an option for everyone.
Treat your nails to a divine touch with angel nails!